About Elkhorn Slough Coastal Training Program
The Elkhorn Slough Coastal Training Program (CTP) is part of a national CTP initiative sponsored by the National Estuarine Reserves Division of NOAA. The goal of the Coastal Training Program is to improve decision-making related to coastal resources management at local and regional levels. The program aims to provide coastal decision makers with knowledge and tools they need to address critical resource management issues.
At the local level the Elkhorn Slough CTP is implemented through a cooperative multi-agency effort based at the Elkhorn Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve (NERR). This local CTP is managed by a program coordinator and multi-agency steering committee. This steering committee involves important coastal and community leaders in the decision making and planning of the CTP. The steering committee meetings are open to the public. Dates, times, and agendas for meetings are included in the list of training sessions posted on the CTP web site.
Important community leaders have joined together to advise the Elkhorn Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve's Coastal Training Program. This Steering Committee provides important contributions to the planning and educational activities of the Coastal Training Program.
Steering Committee meetings are open to the public; please feel free to join us. Dates, times, and agendas of meetings are posted below. The meetings are held at the Elkhorn Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve Administration Building (map).
- Coastal Training Program Steering Committee Governance Document (MS Word Document, 44KB)
- Bagley Keene Open Meetings Act (PDF file, 184KB)
Steering Committee Meetings
For additional information and meeting documents, select the meeting you wish to view.
|Jul 28, 2006||Elkhorn Slough Coastal Training Program Steering Committee Meeting||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM|
List of Members
- Lawrence Ford
Principal and Senior Rangeland Conservation Scientist, Rangeland Conservation Science
- Mark Hansen
President, ROI Properties
- Dawn Hayes
Deputy Superintendent, Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary
- Bill Head
Director, Undergraduate Research Opportunities Center
- Scott Hennessy
Past Director, Monterey County Planning Department
- Carl Holm
Acting Director , Monterey County Resource Management Agency
- Charles Lester
Executive Director, California Coastal Commission
- Elkhorn Slough CTP strategic plan (PDF, 969KB)
- Training Needs for Biological Consultants on California's Central Coast (2005) (PDF, 888KB)
- Training Needs for Coastal Planners and Regulators in Central California (2003) (PDF, 280KB)
- Land Manager Needs Assessment (MS Word Document, 1.6MB)
- Sensitive Species Survey 2011 summary (MS Word Document, 168KB)
- Elkhorn Slough CTP Market Analysis (PDF, 95KB)
- Elkhorn Slough CTP Market Plan (MS Word Document, 49KB)