Spatial Analysis and Modeling, Part 1
This workshop provides an introduction to some of the fundamental concepts and concerns of spatial analysis and modeling in a geographic information system.
Payable by check to Elkhorn Slough Foundation
Payable by credit card (online)
THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Director, Center for Integrated Spatial Research
University of California, Santa Cruz
This workshop provides an introduction to some of the fundamental concepts and concerns of spatial analysis and modeling in a geographic information system. Topics will include: basics of vector and raster data analysis, proximity and overlay principles, distance modeling, terrain analysis, categorical and continuous classification, site suitability modeling, statistical modeling, and building geoprocess models using ArcGIS ModelBuilder. Training will be based on the ArcGIS 10 suite of software.
Participants should have taken the Introduction to GIS course or have equivalent training or experience.
Approximately 50% lecture, 50% hands on training via guided lab exercises completed individually on computers.
By attending the course, participants will:
1) Develop a basic understanding of the analysis and modeling of geographic information.
2) Understand the application of GIS operations to vector and raster data including: proximity and overlay operations, terrain analysis, and distance modeling.
3) Develop basic skills in applying appropriate GIS methods for problem solving in spatial analysis and modeling (site suitability and statistical).
4) Understand how to build geoprocessing models for analysis using ArcGIS ModelBuilder.
This course is part of a larger GIS series. If you'd like to see more about the series and how this course fits into it, please visit:
* For certified planners, 16 units of Certification Maintenance (CM) credits through American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) may be available for this course. Those seeking such credits should contact us for more information.
Please note - you can pre-register via this website, but your registration will not be finalized until we receive your registration fee of $500. Payment can be either in the form of a credit card or a check made payable to the Elkhorn Slough Foundation and sent to:
Elkhorn Slough Foundation
ATTN: Grey Hayes
1700 Elkhorn Road
Watsonville, CA 95076
Deadline for payment is 5 p.m. Friday, October 7, 2016. If we have not received your payment at that time, your place may be forfeit to someone on our waiting list. Cancellations prior to that date will receive a refund of payment minus a $50 processing fee. We reserve the right to cancel the workshop prior to October 12, 2016; in that event, we will give full refunds. We do not allow registration 'trading,' even to persons within the same organization. Please let us know as soon as you know if you have registered and cannot attend as there is usually an extensive waiting list for our trainings and we use substantial funds to subsidize workshop expenses, helping to make them more affordable.
Documents and Publications
We encourage participants to download the contact list to assist with arranging a rideshare or to get in contact with someone you met at the workshop. Those interested in sharing a ride to the event are marked on the contact list.
|DOCUMENT||AUTHOR / SOURCE|
|Agenda: Spatial Analysis and Modeling, Part 1
Center for Integrated Spatial Research
Questions and Answers
Submit a question on this subject and we'll provide an answer. email@example.com